HMML School contains both open access and copyrighted material.
The textual content of HMML Folio, Lexicon, and School are available for reuse under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).
The institutions allowing images of their manuscripts and printed books to be accessible on HMML School retain certain rights associated with the images. By using HMML School, you agree not to copy or redistribute images from HMML's partner libraries without prior authorization from HMML.
The following institutions have given permission for images of their manuscripts or printed works to be used on HMML School but retain all rights related to those images:
- Libraries photographed in partnership with HMML
- Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- Bodleian Library, Oxford
- The British Library Board, London
- Ville de Laon, Bibliothèque Municipale
The following institutions have allowed use of images of their manuscripts or printed items under Creative Commons Licenses. Details of licensing and images should be obtained from the institutions:
- Hill Museum & Manuscript Library, Collegeville, Minnesota
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0).
Note this license applies only to images of manuscripts or printed books that are owned by HMML, not to those photographed by HMML in other libraries.
- Libraries of Switzerland in e-codices
- Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Vienna (via the Bibliotheca Laureshamensis — digital: Virtual Monastic Library of Lorsch)
- Walters Art Museum, Baltimore, Maryland